STUDENTS are to be advised that the school is now closed, and no students are to be on campus. We will continue to provide remote instruction through Independent Study.
Davis College is closed to nonessential personnel in compliance with Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced March 20 he is signing the “New York State on PAUSE” executive order, a 10-point policy to assure uniform safety for everyone. It includes a new directive that all non-essential businesses statewide must close in-office personnel functions effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, and temporarily bans all non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason.
The Governor’s 10-point NYS on PAUSE plan is as follows:
1. Effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide will be closed;
2. Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations or other social events) are canceled or postponed at this time;
3. Any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limited to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced;
4. When in public individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others;
5. Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet;
6. Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people;
7. Individuals should limit use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders;
8. Sick individuals should not leave their home unless to receive medical care and only after a telehealth visit to determine if leaving the home is in the best interest of their health;
9. Young people should also practice social distancing and avoid contact with vulnerable populations; and
10. Use precautionary sanitizer practices such as using isopropyl alcohol wipes.
In compliance with this order, Davis College will be implementing remote learning and remote services to support the operations of the College. Remote learning and remote services will begin April 1.
This situation remains incredibly fluid and updates will be shared as more information becomes available.
D. Alan Blanc, PhD
Davis College is following the on-campus protocols established by the Word of Life Bible Institute.
- Please review the March 19, 2020 COVID-19 update published on the WOLBI website where the information is applicable to your housing, instruction, and ministry: https://wordoflife.edu/2020/03/15/covid-19-response/
- The temporary remote instruction (online) measures currently in place are now permanent and applicable to the remainder of the spring semester.
- Namely, your professors will prepare modules on Canvas and deliver instruction and course assessment through that platform.
- Student ministry requirements are to be completed (at home) as directed by forthcoming updates by appropriate WOLBI staff on the above webpage.
- Please monitor the Davis College website (https://www.davisny.edu/important-information-concerning-coronavirus-covid-19/) and your Davis College and WOL email accounts for further developments.
- We will be in contact soon about the fall 2020 semester class registration.
This is an excellent opportunity to DEVELOP, to develop as a disciple of Jesus, to develop the daily disciplines of prayer and time in the Word, to develop an increasing love for the lost and a passion to reach them, to develop compassion for other, to develop your ability to be an encourager, and to develop a deepened sense of intimacy with God.
Davis College stands with you!