Note: The purpose and objectives listed below reflect changes to the Youth Ministries curriculum at Davis College approved by the New York State Board of Regents.
The Youth Ministry Department at Davis College located in Johnson City, New York, exists to equip leaders by informing their minds, inspiring their hearts and integrating their behavior, in order that they may fulfill their roles shaping the world’s next generation.
The Youth Ministry Department of Davis College exists to:
Fulfill the objectives of the Professional Division of Davis College:
We provide opportunities to…
- …encourage students to make a commitment to obey the Great Commission.
- …provide students with experience in local church-related ministry.
- …equip students with the skills for effective communication of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- …help students develop leadership skills for church-related ministry.
- …encourage students to demonstrate Christian maturity and integrity.
Conduct undergraduate youth ministry education:
We provide students enrolled at Davis College the opportunity to…
- …acquire the fundamental content through classroom attendance.
- …form the essential character through personal mentoring, and
- …develop the professional competency through professional fieldwork, which is necessary to leading a productive youth ministry.
Be a resource center for youth ministry leaders:
We provide leaders with training relevant to youth ministry through…
- …institutional experiences
- …collaborative partnerships
- …ministry services
- …professional consultation
- …statistical research
- …published works.
About this Program: