Davis College welcomes applications from international students. The information and instructions below will help you to meet both the academic requirements and VISA requirements for admission to Davis College.
We encourage all application materials to be submitted to the Office of Admissions by May 1 for the Fall semester, and by September 1 for the Spring semester in order to provide enough time for the F-1 Student Visa application process in the student's country of origin.
Upon receipt of the application and application fee (if applicable), we will forward additional information to be completed along with a checklist of what is required. This will include the following:
- Transcripts: Arrange to have official transcripts of all work completed on the high school and/or college level forwarded directly from the institution(s) attended to the Davis College Admissions Office. Transcripts must be in English. If you would like transfer credit from a college or university outside the US, the college catalog must accompany the official transcript.
- Copy of current passport.
- Standardized Tests: Freshman applicants must submit the scores from the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT I) or the American College Test (ACT).
- English Proficiency (for visa requirements): Davis College does not offer a program in English as a Second Language. English proficiency must be established by submitting the official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to Davis College using our institutional code: 1000. The following minimum score is required:
- TOEFL: 525 Paper-based Test; 195 Computer Based; 68 Internet Based
- Registration materials for the TOEFL examination are also available by writing TOEFL, Box 899, Princeton, NJ, 08540, U.S.A.
- Enrollment Deposit
- $6,586 is required of all International Students. This figure represents the sum cost of Tuition + Room and Board for ONE semester after our International Scholarship has been applied.This deposit is required by law before we can begin the I-20 VISA Process.
- International Student Financial Statement (for visa requirements): Financial assistance for the student on an F-l Visa (student visa) is not available. To satisfy visa application requirements, the applicant must show adequate finances to cover the expected period of study by submitting an International Student Financial Statement including documentary proof of funding.
The financial guarantee must state that the applicant has in excess of $11,200 (U.S. funds) available for the academic year. You may download the forms by clicking the appropriate link below. The forms are in PDF format (download Adobe Acrobat Reader) :
International Student Letter of Sponsorship
Online Pastor's Recommendation Form
When the above steps have been completed and the Admissions Office has acted favorably upon the application, an I-20 form will be completed and sent. This will allow you to apply for an F-1 Student Visa.
Financial Aid for International Students:
- Davis College offers a $2750 international scholarship for tuition. Also, students living in the dorms receive an additional $1500 off for a total of $4250 each semester.
- The remaining part of the international student's account must be paid in full before or on registration day (no exceptions).
- No other scholarships can be received along with the International Scholarship.
- International students may apply for work-study jobs on campus to earn a possible $750.00 towards paying off their account.
Please mail or email all documents to:
Acceptance to Davis College
Application Deadlines: Davis College operates on a rolling admissions policy which means we will review your application and make an admission decision once all necessary materials have been received.
International Acceptance: When all necessary documents have been received by the Office of Admissions, the applicant will be considered for acceptance. College transcripts, medical forms, SAT/ACT scores, enrollment deposit, English proficiency, and Financial Statements must by received before the applicant will be considered for enrollment.
Davis College is certified by the Department of Homeland Security to admit international students through the national Student and Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP), in conjunction with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.